Isle Of Wight

Tuesday, 02-Jun-2020
Home>Who Can Use the Service

Who Can Use the Service

Anyone who has been accepted onto Island HomeFinder is able to use the service. To apply to join the housing register you must be over 16 years of age and have a local connection to the Isle of Wight.

You will need to complete an application form, which can be downloaded from this website or completed online.  The application form enables you to apply for a Housing Association rented home, Homebuy (shared equity) properties, discounted sale properties, affordable rented or intermediate rented properties, shared ownership properties and when available, private rented properties.  For details on how to contact us and our opening hours click How to Contact Us or to download a printable application form click here.

You can expect to be contacted within four weeks of making your application to hear whether you have been accepted on to the register, however, on occasion when we are experiencing a high volume of applications this period may extend.

Before you are accepted onto Island HomeFinder you will be asked to provide further documents to support your application. If you do not your application cannot be processed and will be closed.  All documents provided must be originals, up to date and valid. If you have not provided sufficient supporting information you will be contacted by letter and given 28 days to provide the information.  If you do not, your application will be closed and you will have to re-apply again.

Furthermore, if you do not fill in the application form properly you will be contacted by letter and advised that you need to complete the process of application. If this is not completed within 14 days from the date of the letter your aplication will not start until the application has been completed.


Who cannot use the service?

You cannot use this service if you have not completed an application form, had your eligibility checked and verified and been accepted onto Island HomeFinder.

There are also some people who will not by law be eligible to join the housing register. These are:

  • Certain people who are subject to Immigration Control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act
  • Certain people from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland
  • People (including members of their household) who have been guilty of unacceptable behaviour that makes them unsuitable to be a tenant.


Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy